This is by far the more controversial of the two-part interview. If part one made your eyes pop, part two will make your jaw drop!
After the explosive revelations earlier this week on Part 1 of D’Banj’s video interview with Olisa Adibua on “THE TRUTH ”, Olisa.Tv now brings you the remaining (Part 2) of the interview - which is even much more sensational and revealing than the Part 1 !
Here's a small sample of the many topics covered:
- -D’Banj said that Don Jazzy told him that whenever he hears his (D’Banj’s) voice on the radio he always changes the station, That statement, D'banj said, was very hurtful. It hurt him so bad that he left his house and sought refuge in a hotel and then moved on to South Africa.
- He never expected Oliver Twist to be such a huge hit and was in South Africa when it blew up in London and he had to rush over there. He believes the song’s sudden success was God’s way of taking him away from all the drama back home in Nigeria
- The deal with Kanye West was not completed at this stage however Kanye was so impressed with the song that he agreed to make an appearance in the video. As Kanye is an ‘action man’ as D’Banj calls him, they shot the video straight away while still in London
- D’Banj knows that everyone wants him and Don Jazzy to work together again and thinks there is a possible of that happening, if the price is right. He bumped into Don Jazzy in America and they discussed the possibility of a reunion, a business reunion. Don Jazzy told him that it would have to be for the right money for that to ever happen.
- ‘A friend in need is a burglar in the future’ was D’banj response to Olisa’s question on if the duo would get back to being friends – read into that what you may!
- In response to questions about his public support of President Goodluck Jonathan in 2011, D’Banj vehemently refuted suggestions that he had been paid for the interview. He stated that he had himself requested the interview and that he felt that it was the right thing for him to do as a man and citizen of Nigeria
- He admitted that he got paid, but for his work as a musician
- He felt that the backlash he got at that time was unfortunate as he was put through ‘heat, fire and hell’.
- He wouldn’t be tied down to answering whether he would do the same again this time round as he is ‘unavailable’ right now and travels a lot.
- The conversation between D’Banj and Olisa became very heated when Olisa started questioning D’Banj on the state of his career since Oliver Twist and it seemed that a ‘raw nerve’ had been touched
- He strongly denied allegations that he did not write Top of the World and said it was a big hit which he really loves and questioned Olisa on who determines what makes a big hit anyway and if his show is The Lie not The Truth
- D’Banj insisted that he had had great success since leaving Mo’Hits. He won awards, traveled the world, had the highest downloaded song in 2013 and reached the point where he wanted to expand and do something new. He made clear that that just because he hasn’t been spending all his time in Nigeria doesn’t mean that he has not been successful
- Denied that his new song ‘Feeling the Nigga’ was written for Akon and that he made a cameo appearance in it. Said that Akon is in the remix and that they are both his songs. D’Banj became very irate at Olisa’s insinuations and threatened to walk out of the interview if he didn’t admit that the song was his
- Olisa asked what happened with D’Banj’s Koko mobile phone and why it hasn’t been seen in the market but he refused to go into this topic in any depth. He said that the phone sold out and hinted at a deal with Apple which he cannot talk much about due to contractual limitations
- He also has a deal with Beat’s by Dre and the headphones will be released soon (hopefully by Easter) in Africa
- Olisa asked D’Banj about the various rumours, allegations and court actions against him claiming that he has unpaid debts amongst other things. D’Banj said that he has been advised by lawyers to not speak about this in detail but made it very clear that he doesn’t owe anybody any money
- Financially, the past two years have been some of his best years, despite Olisa trying to allege that he has not been successful during this time
- He dismissed the people that have left him and no longer want to work with him and said that the people that left were not meant to be there in the first place
- He revealed that he had recently had a friend/business associate arrested because he found out that one of his investments was mismanaged to the cost of around $2m. The person had gone behind his back and committed fraud but said the police is now dealing with the matter. He advised young people who are going into business to be very careful with documents and make sure that all papers are always properly signed
- He refused to answer any questions about women or his personal relationships as it has gotten him in too much trouble in the past and also refused to give a clear-cut answer as to whether he had a relationship with Genevieve
- January 31 there will be a release party in Lagos for his 10 year anniversary and other celebrations will take place across the world. The celebrations will take the form of parties in clubs and concerts. Following the party in Lagos there will be a celebration in February in Dubai, then South Africa, Malaysia and London and it will finish in December with a Koko concert
- Of course, Olisa got him to apologise for the debacle that was his KOKO Concert, which held at Eco Atlantic in 2012. Recall that quests had to trek for miles along the Eco Atlantic beach to get to the concert venue.
The video is a must-see!
Link to video here