Monday, February 02, 2015

Any man who says he has one wife is deceiving himself-Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu


Oba Rilwan Babatunde Os­uolale Aremu Akiolu 1, also known as the Eleko of Eko was the Assistant Inspector General of Police before he retired in 2002. He was crowned King of Lagos on May 23, 2003. In a new interview with Sunday Sun, he talked about his wives and why no man sticks with one woman
Where and when did you meet your wife?
I met her over 50 years ago in Isale Eko here. You see, there
is no handsome, rich, young man who does not like women.  That a man likes a woman is different from a man who cannot do without women. When you see a man who can­not do without women, he can sleep with anyone. His sister, maid, his son’s wife, daughter, col­league, niece, any woman.
What attracted you to your first wife and why did you take a second wife?
Beauty and everything.
Any man who says he has one wife is deceiv­ing himself. All those who say they have one wife have mistresses outside. I am going to be 72 now and I cherish beautiful women and nobody can stop me. I like women and I can’t do without women are two different things.
That time, I was a policeman. She came for sports. She is the daughter of the late Sir Olateru Olagbegi and was very jealous. I told her what’s wrong with you, your father married 40 wives. The man was a fantastic man. I liked him. 
Do the Queens perform their duties routinely?
(Surprised) Aha (pauses) Aha. The Holy Quran says your wives are your partners. You have three main duties. Feeding, clothing and teaching them the right way and perform your duty as their hus­band .
 So you don’t tell them “I want you to­day, you, your turn is tomorrow?
You want to know? Come and live with us in the palace.
Who’s your favourite among them?
All of them make me happy because they know I am a no-nonsense man and nobody can predict what I will do. They call me Aseyiwu Eledumare and I say I am not Eledumare. Even among my children, I have no favorite. If you have a son who makes you happy, why will you not like him? The child who does not make you happy, pray to God and try to correct him. You see, I have no friend, I have no enemy. That’s what I was doing with my son Tinubu. You see Tinubu and Fashola are special blessings to Lagos. All the people who contested are all my children. 

No comments: