Thursday, November 06, 2014

Robbers caught after attacking Police Officer,Chinese National


Punch gathered that Two robbers who have been allegedly snatching expensive vehicles along Lagos-Badagry expressway were arrested at Mile-2 area of they state. They robbed an Assistant Supritendent of Police and collected her property worth N300,000 and robbed a Chinese national of goods worth N500,000..

In confessions, Oladejo, a 21-year-old indigene of Ijebu Ode, Ogun State, told Punch that it was frustration and idleness that forced him into robbery.

,“My father died while he was working with the Ajeromi Local Government Area. I learnt panel beating, but I did not get enough money from it. Two of my friends, Eric and Seyi, who are still at large, introduced me to the gang.
“They took me out, and we started robbing motorists. One of our victims was an Assistant Superintendent of Police. We collected her gold necklace, phones, and a cash sum of N150,000 during the attack. We also smashed the windscreen of her vehicle,Another victim was a Chinese man from whom we collected valuables including two Blackberry phones, N120, 000 and $125 cash from his wallet. I was first arrested by policemen from the Orile Police Division, before I was transferred to SARS.”

Another suspect, Afolabi, 23, while pleading for mercy, said he had participated only three times in the operation.He said,

 “I stopped my education at primary six. I have participated in three robberies. During my first robbery, I was not even given any money. After the second, I was given only N5,000. The third operation was at Mile 2, where I was caught. I promise never in my life to go back to robbery.”

No comments: