Thursday, November 27, 2014

PDP will never rule Lagos — Rilwan Akiolu, Oba of Lagos

Oba-Rilwan-Akiolu
The Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, has said the Peoples Democratic Party,PDP, will never produce a governor in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial capital.
The state of over nine million people has consistently been ruled by the opposition since the return of democracy to the country in 1999.
The PDP has however intensify its plan to win over the state from the the All Progressives Congress in the forthcoming elections.

But speaking as the chief launcher of the autobiography of the former President of the Court of Appeal, Mustapha Akanbi, at the Sheraton Hotel in Abuja on Wednesday, Mr. Akiolu said Lagos would continue to be under the ruling All Progressive Congress, APC.
“Recently, I told Bode George, (Musiliu) Koro and (Adeseye) Ogunlewe that “Look at me o! You will never win Lagos. God will give us another APC governor”.
The monarch, who elicited a lot of excitement from the audience, also stated that he became the Oba of Lagos through divine intervention and that he did not spend a dime.
” After I was retired, some justices of the Supreme court, including Belgore, Uwais and Akanbi came to me and told me that they intend to go and see the president, but I told them with due respect that, that is where God wants me to be.
“One of them, Wali held my hand, and prayed, saying that within one year, you will see what God will do in your life, and exactly a year later, my father, the late Oba, joined his ancestors.
” Governor Tinubu came and said don’t give anyone any money to be Oba, if it is yours, it will surely come and that is how I became the Oba, even though President (Olusegun) Obasanjo was against me,” the Oba said.
Mr. Obasanjo, who was also seated at the high table with the monarch, simply laughed.
premiumtimes

No comments: