Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Miracle Does Happen: Woman Delivers Quadruplets In Benin City After 18 Barren Years

44-year- old Clara Dominique, mother of the quadruplets
A 44-year- old woman, Clara Dominique, who had been childless for 18 years, was last Saturday delivered of quadruplets. The quadruplets are three girls and a male. They were delivered at the Graceland Medical Centre in Benin City, Edo State. Mrs. Clara, who got married in 1996, said it was God’s grace that kept her and her husband through the trials of childlessness. She said they refused to keep friends because of the problem.
“I am happy that my husband and I were able to stay together to this day to witness the blessings of the Lord. My husband has been encouraging me that God will do it for us. My husband never contemplated driving me away.

“I was happy when the scan showed it was four. Sometimes I think of how I will carry the four of them. I have not seen somebody delivered four babies. It was not easy for me to carry the pregnancy. At a time the weight of the pregnancy was too much for me.”
Two of the Dominique quadruplets.
“I was the one dedicating children at our church every last Sunday of the month. I was the first to visit anybody that I knew that gave birth so that I can give them what I have. I am not the jealous type.

“It was my husband’s cousins that tried to take the matter up but my husband stopped them. My parents were also there to encourage us. That was what kept us together because the family pressure was not there. They knew we were Christians and nobody could penetrate my husband and I.”

One of the doctors at the hospital, Dr. Oni Samson, said the babies were delivered through cesarean section. She said,

“You don’t expect a woman that is having multiple births to do that through the vaginal. This is the first time we had quadruplets in this hospital. The children are okay. The ante-natal was uneventful. They are still under care for them to be stabilized.”
Congrats to this blessed family.