Thursday, October 30, 2014

A 22-Year Old Girl Kills Man Who Tried To Rape Her

An unidentified suspected rapist has been killed in the Lekki area of Lagos State while attempting to rape a 22-year-old woman, Ifeoma Okechukwu.


It was learnt that the incident happened on Monday, around 12.30pm, in Atlantic View Estate, Alpha Beach Road, Lekki.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Okechukwu was on her menstrual period and had gone out to buy sanitary pads.

The Imo State indigene was said to be on her way back home when she was accosted by the stranger.

She said, “After buying the sanitary pads, I was going back home when I saw a man, who should be in his forties, standing at a corner. He approached me and ordered me to take him to my house.

“He put his hand into his pocket as if he wanted to bring out a weapon. He said he would kill me if I shouted.

“When we got to the house, he said I should shut the door and I did. He said I should remove my clothes; and I started begging him, but he refused to listen.

“So I told him to let me get to the kitchen because I was cooking something and I would be back. I got a rod and hid it in my wrapper. I went back and moved slowly towards him, still begging, but he refused.

“He was taking off his clothes and wearing a condom when I used the rod to hit him in the head. I started screaming. And then I picked the phone and called my uncle.”

The victim’s uncle, who pleaded anonymity, told PUNCH Metro that he went to report the matter at the Ilasan Police Station after learning what had happened.

He said, “I was not at home when the incident happened and her younger brother had also gone out. So, she was alone in the house and it was possible he had been monitoring her movement.

“When she called me and said what had happened, I left the office and went to the police station in Jakande Estate where I reported the matter.”

A police source told our correspondent that investigators found a pack of condoms on the deceased, including a phone without a SIM card.

The source added that since the incident happened, no one had shown up to claim the man’s corpse.

He said, “He was about wearing the condom when the girl hit him on the head and he died. His mission was to rape her and steal from the house. He probably took advantage of her frail stature.

“We have got information that he was not alone. He belonged to a gang that has been terrorising Lekki residents for some time now. And that’s why since this incident, nobody knows his name and address, and none of his relatives has come forward to say they know him.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, promised to call our correspondent back, but he had yet to do so as of the time of filing this report.

Okechukwu was however said to have been arrested and detained in police custody.

No comments: