Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Woman kills husband over N10 sweet

Woman kills husband over N10 sweet
A 22-year-old housewife, Aminat Aiyemobola, has allegedly stabbed her husband, Babatunde Aiyemobola (40), to death over N10 TomTom sweet. The mother of two is being detained by detectives attached to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Homicides section, Panti, Yaba, Lagos.
The suspect was said to have stabbed her husband to death with a kitchen knife. The incident, which occurred at No. 4, Magbon Alade Street, Ibeju-Lekki area on October 12, was reported to the police by the elder brother of the deceased. Aminat was said to have asked her husband for N10, so that she could buy Tom- Tom for their daughter.

But the deceased allegedly refused. Instead he chided her for always buying sweet for their kid. Soon the couple started quarrelling over the issue. The argument was said to have degenerated into name calling. And before anyone knew what was happening, the angry woman stormed into the kitchen and came out with a knife stabbed her husband three times in the chest. While undergoing interrogation, Aminat told homicide detectives that she did not know what came over her, which prompted her to pick the knife. “I loved my husband. He was a very caring man to me and my children.
Oga, I don’t know what came over me. We loved each other. We have been living happily as husband and wife. In fact, I don’t know whether I’m under a spell. God please forgive me,” she reportedly said. The deceased was a casual worker with one of the Indian companies. The suspect, according to the police, will soon be arraigned.
newtelegraph

No comments: